- This event has passed.
Inspire Futures – Information Session
August 24, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on August 24, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on August 25, 2021 at 10:00 am
One event on August 26, 2021 at 2:00 pm
One event on August 27, 2021 at 2:00 pm
A Skills Advance Ontario Training Program designed to create opportunities for Sustainable Employment in the Food Services & Cleaning Sectors.
About the Program:
- FUN! Engaging with a lot of variety
- Hands on, experiential, adult learning
- A combination of “soft” skills with “hard” (technical) skills & essential skills for the sector
- Participants keep all provided resources & earn industry certificates
- The training program has been co-designed with food service & cleaning professionals
- Includes guest presentations from local experts
Classes are held at the Enrichment Centre for Mental Health’s office and in the commercial kitchen at Inspire Cafe which are both located at 250 Sidney St., Belleville.
- The program runs Monday-Friday, 9am-4pm. There will be 6 weeks of in class and on-site practical training.
- An additional 2 weeks of job placement (workplace shift hours)
Looking for a career in the food service or cleaning sectors?
BE JOB READY IN 6 WEEKS!
Join our exciting FREE training program.
Acquire the skills & certifications that employers are looking for.
- Teamwork, health & safety procedures, interview and resume preparation, communications and time management
- Kitchen Inventory, kitchen safety, knife skills, line prep sanitation, knowledge of industrial kitchen, maintenance of small appliances, menu preparation, receipt utilization & control, COVID-19 cleaning protocols, practical cleaning experience in office/kitchen/gymnasium/reception
Employment Support – Two Week Job Trial
- Gain employment experience to add to your resume and build upon the skills built in the 6 week program, and lead to permanent employment
Retention & Advancement – Support and guidance
- Receive the support and guidance needed in your employment journey
- Graduate & employed peer support roundtable
INCUMBENT TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE
- If you are currently employed in these industries and are looking to advance or gain the skills to sustain additional hours, we have training courses available. VIEW courses.
EMPLOYERS – do you have employees who would benefit from additional training time at no cost to you? Reach out to a member of our training team to discuss a customized training program for your staff.
Contact our office at (613) 969-8874 to set up an appointment to talk with a member of our Training Team or email email@example.com to learn more about the program and how to secure your spot for our next training session.
EMPLOYERS please reach out to Samantha Drake at (613) 969-8874, firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss training opportunities for your current staff to increase employment sustainability and advancement.