Enrichment Centre for Mental Health (ECMH) is a non-profit agency that strives to enhance the mental wellness and quality of people in our diverse community.
ECMH is seeking a bookkeeper to manage the agency finances. Responsibilities will include tracking the organization’s revenue, expenses, and taxes, as well as producing financial reports for various funders and auditors. The successful candidate will also be responsible for supporting the auditors to ensure our records are correct.
- Handle daily accounts payable, accounts receivable and prepare and product cheque runs.
- Payroll administration and year end preparation for T4’s.
- Prepare banking and handle all deposits & account management.
- Complete monthly account reconciliation and prepare draft financial statements monthly for the Board of Directors and other reporting required for funding requirements.
- Keep up to date on funding agreements, and projecting budgets accordingly.
- Preparing year end audit, and work in cooperation with auditors to finalize year end financial statements.
- College diploma or degree in accounting, business, or a related field
- Two or more years experience in providing general bookkeeping services, and experience in a non-profit agency would be an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of accounting principles, financial statements, and accounting systems.
- Experienced in the system Sage 50 Pro Accounting and background with project function, as well as proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook), with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
HOURS OF WORK: 8:30-4:30 (Monday- Friday) RATE OF PAY: $24-25 per hour
RECRUITMENT PROCESS: We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be contacting candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications best meet the requirements of the position. Submit resumes to executive director email@example.com no later than 4:30pm on October 14, 2022.