Workplace Resilience Facilitator
Two Year – Full Time
Enrichment Centre for Mental Health (ECMH) is a non-profit agency that strives to enhance the mental wellness and quality of life of people in our diverse community.
The Workplace Resilience Facilitator will adapt our entire resilience skills programming for the workplace to support direct service for frontline workers of all sectors (not just social services) who experience the cumulative effect of COVID compassion fatigue/burnout that is impacting their wellness. Those who have worked in direct care, in the past two years, are leaving their profession due to vicarious trauma or complex PTSD after the intensity of the lockdowns and dealing with clients/customers that are trying to find their own way within the pandemic lens.
Adapting our current program to now:
- Train workplace resilience mentors to support peers and create specific resilience workplace tools for each agency/front line workplace
- Work with staff and employers to create safe spaces within the workplace that can support trained workplace resilience mentors
- To develop and deliver ‘lunch and learns’ workshops on topics such as mindful breaks for self-care: understanding when burn out is leading to a serious illness; how to increase resilience and then offer resources for further support in the workplace.
- Conceptualize training materials based on data and research
- Create training strategies, initiatives, and materials to develop programming for facilitation of a “train the trainer” model for workplace resilience.
- Develop outreach strategy.
- Support and provide organizations with the knowledge and tools to train mentors to then disseminate to their staff to reduce compassion fatigue and burnout and enhance resilience.
- Mentor those trainers and provide opportunities for them to network with other workplace Resilience Facilitators.
- Aid workplaces in navigating and engaging with community resources and support systems.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the importance of data and the ability to create and maintain data to specific metrics as required by the funder.
- Other duties suitable to the funding and intent of the program.
- A minimum diploma with designation as a Social Service Worker or Mental Health Worker; or a degree in a related field would be an asset, and in good standing with a regulating body. (i.e.) Ontario College of Social Service Workers
- A minimum of three years experience in related work field or direct frontline experience during the last 2 years.
- Sound knowledge of facilitation and utilizing the following training tools including but not limited to Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, trauma informed care, self-care strategies and other mental wellbeing strategies.
- Excellent organization and communication skills in reporting to supervisor and manager.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite and instructional software.
- Experience with technologies and best practices for instructional manuals and teaching platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively in a team environment.
- ASIST, Mental Health First Aid or SAFE Talk training an asset.
- Police Record Check, First Aid Certificate and a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and appropriate insurance are also required.
HOURS OF WORK:
Primarily 8:30 to 4:30 weekdays – with occasional hours weeknights or weekends.
RECRUITMENT PROCESS: We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be contacting candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications best meet the requirements of the position. Submit resumes to Sandie Sidsworth, Executive Director ECMH at email@example.com no later than 4:30pm on August 17th, 2022.
The Enrichment Centre for Mental Health welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.